Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. is the leading and only global company that offers an interactive make-your-own stuffed animal retail-entertainment experience. Founded in the USA 1997, the company and its franchisees currently operate more than 400 Build-A-Bear Workshop® stores worldwide, including company-owned stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and France, and franchise stores in Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. In 2007, the interactive experience was enhanced - all the way to CyBEAR™ space - with the launch of buildabearville.com®, the company’s virtual world, stuffed with fun.
The concept was brought to South Africa in 2007 with the flagship store opening in Sandton City. Currently there are a total of 7 mall based stores operating nationally within Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. The company has recently expand to include a mobile store offering that aims to be mall and event based in order to deliver the Build-A-Bear Workshop experience to a wider range of Guests
We offer an extensive and co-ordinated selection of merchandise, including over 30 different styles of animals to be stuffed and a wide variety of clothing, shoes and accessories for the stuffed animals. Our concept appeals to a broad range of age groups and demographics, including children, teens, parents and grandparents. Our stores, which are primarily located in malls, are destination locations and draw guests from a large geographic reach.
Our competitive strengths include:
- An exciting interactive shopping experience;
- A broad and loyal guest base;
- Strong merchandising expertise;
- A high level of guest service through consistent execution;
- An attractive store economic model; and
- A highly experienced and disciplined management team.
THE leader in interactive retail
- Combines trademark product with a stimulating in-store experience
- Broad demographic appeal to loyal Guests
- Over 80% Highly Satisfied Guests
- A Powerful Global brand
- Iconic brand with over 95% recognition level in US
- Over 100 million furry friends sold since 1997 inception
- 9th largest US toy retailer